Videography For Beginners
Instructor- Graeme Carlisle
Join our Wellington based Professional Photographer for a 'Hands On' Beginner's Videography Workshop in this fabulous city.
1. No prior photography knowledge
2. We recommend a digital DSLR camera or handheld video cam (digital compacts must have manual settings)
3. Memory cards
4. Charged battery
6. Lots of energy
7. Comfortable shoes and dress for the weather
8. Camera hire by arrangement please Contact Us before booking to avoid disappointment
9. Minimum age 13 ( must been accompanied by an adult)
This videography course for beginners is fun, fresh, creative and takes an inspirational approach to learning this wonderful craft.
If you have a camera and are struggling with the settings then we will teach you how to use and understand them. Our workshops also have the luxury of several Canon cameras and lenses for you to borrow, so you may be looking to upgrade your equipment or just wish to see what another lens could do for your photography.
We have a practical approach to teaching photographic and technical skills and will show you how to simply navigate your way around the menu's and discover the joy of using the camera in its manual settings. By the end of the day you will feel confident and know the videos you are taking are not by luck but by your judgement and skill.
The groups are small with no more than 4 students to one tutor.
1. Your DLSR or video camera functions
2. Aperture and creative depth of field
3. What frames per second and shutter angle are, and how to correctly set them
4. What ISO is and how it relates to film
5. What storyboards are and why they are helpful
6. The basics of picture composition and why it is crucial for film
7. Introduction to camera movement and camera stabilizers
8. The basics of how to light, texture and colour your film
9. How to get the best from your actors, tips on good eyelines, poses etc
10. How to use Tripod effectively
11. Learn what 'tracking' and 'panning' are, and the basics of how to use these techniques.
Let us teach you the compositional side of videography giving you pointers on portraiture, landscapes, nature and fast action etc. Finding and using light, texture and colour. How to position your actors.
Say goodbye to the presets on your camera you will leave knowing how to manually operate your equipment and start making film like a pro.
Advice is readily available for those of you looking perhaps to take videography up professionally. We have a follow-up Intermediate Videography class on offer for students wanting to take their videography to the next level. Also on offer is a 'Video editing' one on one class where we show you how you can take all of your wonderfully shot footage, and turn it into a professional looking film! we are happy to answer any questions and help on specifics where we can.
10am till 3pm Beginner's Workshop - $250
Location - Wellington
Coming soon...please register your interest